With the start of Iowa appliance rebate program today (March 1), approximately 9,000 Iowa homes will have the opportunity to save thousands of dollars on new and low-energy consumption appliances. In fact, the surge of traffic to the state’s official site for this program has experienced system overload a few hours after it opened to the pubic.
What’s covered in this Iowa appliance rebates? Here’s the overview:
– Appliances purchased before March 1, 2010 are not eligible for rebates.
– To be eligible for a rebate, you must be an Iowa resident with a valid Iowa address.
– Appliance purchases must be made from an Iowa retail location to be eligible.
– Internet orders will NOT qualify for rebates.
– There are no income restrictions for rebates.
The state’s $2,775,150 allocation includes rebates on refrigerators and clothes washers and dishwashers.
For details, Iowa residents must either call toll free number 1-877-267-7495 or visit www.IowaApplianceRebate.com.