It’s the season for lady infestation that’s why so many people are digging for info on how to get rid of ladybugs in your house. In the recent news, household all over Toronto, Canada were flocked with ladybug-like beetles as they seek refuge for the upcoming winter.
Here are some basic tips if you want to get rid of these annoying lady bugs:
- Screen doors, window screens, and screened in porches should be checked and correctly sealed if you want to get rid of lady bugs. Don’t forget to seal your window frames, siding, and door frames as well.
- Pick them up and throw them outside if there are only a few in the house. Your porch might be covered with ladybugs, but only a few might make it inside. Don’t worry – they won’t bite!
- Landscaping experts have noted that lining the immediate perimeter of your house with food grade diatomaceous earth will help get rid of lady bugs.
- Suck them up with your household vacuum cleaner or shop vac. Just make sure you empty the bag or canister outside of your home immediately after finishing. The ladybugs will live through the vacuuming, and will come right back out of the trash can.
- Use a long-lasting pesticide to help prevent lady bug migration, as suggested by the The Ohio State University Extension
- Ask about ladybug traps at your local home store. You can purchase traps that use a bright light to attract the ladybugs.